Friday, December 11, 2009

movie marathon

I have my own personal Christmas tradition. Every year when I make all of my Christmas candy and dip the chocolates, I watch some of my favorite movies. I watch "Sense and Sensibility", "Bed of Roses", "While You Were Sleeping", "Return to Me", and "A Walk in the Clouds." (Yes, I love romances and romantic comedies!)

Unfortunately, all of my old favorites are on VHS and this year our VHS player quit working. I started on my candies and tried to turn on my movies and no joy! It was SO very sad. I finally rented a few DVDs and watched some new movies - "The Accidental Husband", "Julie and Julia", and "My Sister's Keeper".

Here's my unofficial, un-asked-for movie review. I don't remember ever even hearing about "The Accidental Husband" but thought it was a really cute romantic comedy. I enjoyed it. I think "Julie and Julia" might have been good if it weren't for the vulgar language. Crude language in movies really disturbs me. It offends my ears and makes me think the writers are too illiterate to express themselves in an intelligent way (I have always associated swearing excessively with "white trash"). "My Sister's Keeper" has a different ending than the book but the movie was still very heart-breaking and a great story.

Still, I missed my usual movies. Next year, I either have to get a new VHS player or find my old favorites on DVD. Some traditions should not be broken!

1 comment:

  1. i fell asleep watching j and j last night. what i saw was good.
    it doesnt feel like christmas to me w/o the b and w version of miracal on 24th street. even though it was based in nyc, since we had a maceys, i always felt like it was a philly movie!

    ReplyDelete