Sunday, December 6, 2009

Circle Christmas Party

Last night was a party that I look forward to every year - our annual Circle Christmas party. I don't know when the tradition started (we've lived here for 17 years and it was going before we got here - the previous owners of our home actually used it as a selling point) but it is really fun. Most of the neighbors on our circle enjoy lots of dinner and lots of laughs together. We have followed the same format for years: a progressive-type dinner followed by games.

This year we started at Colemans' home for appetizers of shrimp, warm dip with crackers, veggie platter and stuffed mushrooms. Then we headed to Hansons' for a salad bar. Tonya Cole hosted the main dish of chicken cordon bleu, baked potatoes, green beans, and homemade rolls. Then Kevin and I hosted dessert and games.

I made chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake and my specialty - French Silk pie. Yum!


One thing we regret is not taking pictures every year. It would be so much fun to look back at the photos and see how everyone has changed. Also, to see photos of the few people who have moved. I have only missed once in all the years we've lived here. This is a party not to be missed! I really am blessed to have great neighbors!
Brian and Linette Thacker, Lew and MaryAnn Shaw, Terrie and Keith Coleman, Gail and Ted Hanson, Kevin and I, and Tonya Cole.

No comments:

Post a Comment