Sunday, November 8, 2009

things that really suck

1) auto accidents that are your fault
2) getting sick on vacation
3) finding out you're done with a favorite calling by sitting in church and having them sustain your replacement (even though you haven't been released)

Yep, that last one happened today. They put in a new Stake YW Camp Director and I've never been released. Didn't know it was coming. And found out in Sacrament Meeting. Not my favorite way to find out I'm done with a calling. (I'll admit to shedding more than a few tears.)

I guess it's time to follow Chandler's wise advice. My funny child was going around the house this morning singing Count Your Blessings. The funny part came from him singing not the real words of "name them one by one" but his version:

"name them one by five"


--scrappinsoccermama is going to forget her hurt and go count her blessings one by five!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that is not a good way to find out. I know how much you have enjoyed being camp director. Who did they put in?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete