Tuesday, November 24, 2009

epiphany

I have been so incredibly stressed lately. My life seems to be running full speed ahead. I'm out of control. My life is a runaway locomotive; an auto in a tailspin on an icy road.

But, I feel terribly stupid complaining because I do it all to myself. None of it is "happening" to me. I just have SO many things I want to do. Things that I want to improve about myself. I tend to think everything is important.

work in the Temple - check
attend the temple - check
have kids in extracurricular activities - check
volunteer in the classrooms - check
serve on the PTA - check
read the Book of Mormon in 100 days - check
hand make Christmas presents - check
help children with homework - check
blog - check

This list just goes on. I enjoy everything, it's just that sometimes I need to realize I'm not WonderWoman and I can't do it all! The epiphany I had a few days ago was just that my being stressed is my choice. It is in my control. So, either I embrace my stressedness (nice word?) or I cut out something I enjoy or think is important. And I quit complaining. Starting now.

1 comment:

  1. Hard choices when you decided between good and good. Only 24 hours in a day no matter how you shake it.

    ReplyDelete