Friday, June 1, 2012

Resolution Check-Up

Not super excited to report my lack of progress this month!

Home Improvement
1) Build shutters for the windows in the front of my house - No progress.
2) Paint the shutters, outside trim, and outside doors - No progress.
3) Plant lavender in front of the house - Done.
4) Do window treatments for family room, dining room, kitchen, Shanley's room, and the master bedroom - No new progress..
5) Paint/stain the back deck - No progress.
6) Paint the master bathroom - No progress.

Family
1) Plan a special date with Kevin once a month - did!
Oops - didn't do this month. 2) Spend one-on-one time with each child every month (away from the home) - I did it!

Social
1) Have 2 game parties for adults this year - one so far this year
2) Host 2 special FHEs with other families this year - one so far this year

Physical
1) Lose 20 pounds - Yikes!  Another bad month. I went out to eat several times for PTA closing socials and so forth. Not good for losing weight.
2) Climb Mount Timpanogos - summer
3) Run a marathon and a half marathon - Ran the half already and am training for the full. The full is in 8 days.

Mental
1) Make sure 1/3 of what I read is uplifting (spiritual, classical, best-book type stuff) - have done this
2) Write a book - No progress.

Spiritual
1) Spend 1 day a month in the temple - No.
2) Go to 3 new temples - no new progress (still 2 of the 3)
3) Read the New Era and the Ensign every month - done in May.
4) At the end of every day, record the hand of God in my life for that day - Did much better at recording in May.


Overall - May was horrid for goal progress! I feel like PTA and marathon-training are running my life (no pun intended). It's been almost all I can handle just to keep up with the massive amounts of PTA this past month. However, I handed out yearbooks at the middle school yesterday and then chaperoned the high school graduation party last night. That pretty much completes my PTA duties. I've got a couple reports, check signings, and one final meeting. The marathon is in 8 days and then I can cut back on the massive hours of training. I am really hopeful that I will make more progress on goals in June. Also, to be fair to myself. I actually did accomplish a few projects in May - just not ones that were on my resolutions. I finished my denim quilt top and made myself a tote bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment