Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hill Aerospace Museum

I chaperoned the 5th grade field trip on Tuesday. I found it very interesting and had to wonder why I've never gone there before. It seems I am the only one in my family who hasn't gone. My kids must have all gone there on their 5th grade field trip and Kevin chaperoned once. Chandler loved it! He was completely fascinated and is dying to go again! He kept begging me to take more pictures of the planes. My favorite was the stealth bomber. Interesting fact: it costs $1 million per flight! No wonder they've returned these babies! The boys in my little group tried lifing the plane and actually succeeded in tipping it a bit. The wing was really swaying and it freaked me out a bit -- I will deny any and all knowledge of aircraft tipping. They had a learning center where the students could fly simulators, dress in flight clothes, spin a gyroscope, and do other scientific things. Very interesting! I'm sure there will be no peace in my home until Chandler has nailed down a date for a 2nd visit. This time he wants to go with his grandpa who he's sure will be able to tell him about the aircraft.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to get out my dvd on the smithsonian and have him see it and my pictures of the smithsonian air and space

    Lyle Lawton

    ReplyDelete