Wednesday, January 11, 2012

this is the day...

The time when Brakston and Alec were toddlers was not my glory years. I was working full-time, Alec ran away constantly, I'm not much of a baby-mom, etc. It was, however, the glory days for that big purple dinosaur Barney. Ugh! One more reason those years won't make it onto my all-time favorites list.

So, why do modified words to a Barney song keep going through my head?
This is the day that never ends,
It just goes on and on, my friends
It seems I started living it not knowing what it was
and I'll continue living it FOREVER just because...

Because?

Because this truly is the day that never ends. It started with waking up at 3 am and reading for a few hours before heading to the high school for Student of the Month breakfast. Now I'll go catch a flight to Idaho Falls and take Brakston and Whitney out to lunch and shopping before flying back home. I will head straight to a school community council meeting (probably a few minutes late) and then from there I'll head straight to a RS meeting.

Hopefully, I'll be in bed by 9 pm! Even better, maybe I can catch a few winks on each flight.

Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment