Monday, January 9, 2012

I Spy

Fun things I've seen the past several days while running:

*Hundreds of geese
*Coach Jerry Sloan (former head coach of the Utah Jazz)
*5 deer


Not so fun things:
*piles of horse manure

I just don't get it. I've been running the Jordan River Parkway Trail. All along the route are reminders to clean up after your dog. There are even baggies provided for this purpose along the trail. I find it hard to be concerned about a tiny pile of dog poop when I keep encountering massive amounts of horse poop. I realize it might be impractical to expect people to clean up after their horse. However, the flip side is that I'm sure it's hard to motivate a dog owner to care about the little extra their dog might add. I might soon have to take up hurdling to stay clear of the horse crap but I guess I should just be glad I don't have to worry about dog doo-doo. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment