Monday, September 5, 2011

more than the wedding

Last week was a BIG (think HUGE) week for our family. Most of the focus was the wedding but there were a few other notable events as well.

Saturday, September 27 I ran the Rivalry Relay - a six person, 65-mile race from the University of Utah to BYU. I was disappointed in my running but probably did as well as could be expected. I was ill for 3 days so I didn't sleep, didn't eat much, and had diarrhea. By the time race day came my stomach still hurt, I was tired, I was dehydrated and my butt was hurting! I still had a lot of fun and had great teammates who didn't put a ton of pressure on me. I only have this picture of us at the start and you can't see much. I hope to get one of us at the finish and post it soon.
The medals were incredible - huge and heavy!

On Tuesday Chandler came home from soccer practice extremely excited because he had been named one of the captains of his team. The two team captains were picked by the coach and it's usually an honor reserved for the best players. He is pretty pumped!

On Wednesday Brakston bought his first ever car. That was a BIG momentous event!

Also on Wednesday McKayla ran in a pre-Region cross-country meet. She took 4th. Her coach just kept saying "Imagine what she could've done if she hadn't had a 2-hour soccer practice right before the meet." He was still pretty pleased with her performance.

On Thursday Brakston got a text that the UVU soccer team was in need of a goalie so he attended tryouts that night and made the team. He is thrilled to be playing for them!

On Friday McKayla ran in a huge Invitational cross-country meet. Once more, we drove to the meet straight from her soccer practice. Still, out of 297 girls she managed to finish 9th in a PR. Her coach practically jumped up and down with joy! She got the shirt as a prize for being a "top finisher".




On Saturday Shanley turned 14! I will devote an entire post to that event later.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed you did that relay! I can't imagine running that far...and sick no less! Also, tom would be furious with his runners if they went to a 2 hour soccer practice before a meet. His xcrountry team took 2nd at state last year and he is a little intense about those sort of things :)

    ReplyDelete