Thursday, September 22, 2011

I DID IT!!!

I am so proud of myself! I did it! I actually said NO!

I am really bad at saying no when I am asked to do something. Sometimes that leads me into feeling very overwhelmed.

So, last night was a breakthrough.

I was at the OHMS school community council meeting (which I am only on because I couldn't say no to the principal when he asked me). We were conducting elections for the council chair and the principal (Mike) leaned over and asked if he could nominate me. That's when that 2-letter word finally made it out of my mouth. That's right - I said no. n.o. No.

And I stuck with it even when Mike said he enjoyed working with me and that I was one of only 2 people in the room that he wanted to have that position. Even that failed to sway me. I stuck to my guns in saying no.

I did, however, nominate the other person Mike wanted to work with. See, I can still be helpful!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! I'm so proud of you!! That is hard thing to do. I have the same problem sometimes. However, I have asked to volunteer at the school and they said that they would call me and then they never have. I even signed up for PTA and let them know that I am available all the time. What to do??

    ReplyDelete