Monday, April 11, 2011

when do I read?

I read an average of 8 books per month. I was asked recently when I find time to read. The answer is that I find minutes to read all the time and everywhere! My secret is that I am usually in the middle of at least 4 or 5 books at a time. I keep a book everywhere. There is a book in my Suburban (actually, at the moment there is 2 there but that's the exception, not the rule). There is a book in my car. There is a book by my bed. There is a book upstairs in the living room.

If I have a spare moment, I pick up a book and read a page or two. Most of my reading takes place during two distinct times:

1) when I'm in the car waiting - my children have a LOT of practices. Often, I am running between one and another and there's not enough time to go home but there is 10-20 minutes that I can read while I wait. Also, McKayla and Chandler are required to be at their soccer games 45 and 30 minutes early, respectively. That's a great time to get some reading done (if I'm not running someone to something else in the meantime).

2) when I should be sleeping. I have sleep issues and frequently awake at 3 am. My mind immediately starts going on my to-do list and don't forget list and so on. I usually read. Sometimes it works and I get back to sleep. Other times I get 1 1/2 - 2 hours of reading in before I have to get up and start my day.


When/how do you squeeze reading in to your busy life?

No comments:

Post a Comment