Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I enjoy being a girl

I have NEVER been a girlie-girl. I didn't play with dolls or Barbies growing up. I preferred cowboys and Indians and football and tree climbing. I never liked lace, ruffles, or bows. I didn't even like my clothing to have flowers on it. I get dressed once for the day and that's it - no multiple clothes changes for me. I'm not into shoes or jewelry. You get the picture.

However, yesterday I was extremely girlie. I took a Ballet Body class where we did lots of ballet moves (I've never done ballet in my life). For the day, I dressed in a flowered skirt and even put a flower in my hair (first time I've ever done that) and I hosted a tea party (another first). It was quite fun!


It was also quite yummy! I tried some new things such as cucumber sandwiches, lemon curd, and Devonshire cream. I learned that tea actually started in France not England and was served to keep the ladies from fainting with hunger during the long stretch before midnight dinners.

The menu was:
cucumber sandwiches (sans crusts)
egg salad sandwiches (also without crusts)
pineapple
strawberries
strawberries filled with Devonshire cream
gingerbread scones with lemon curd
lemon blueberry scones
cranberry orange scones
strawberry cupcakes with swirled cream cheese frosting
cucumber limeade punch


Yes, it was a tea party with NO tea! Still it was great fun! It's not so bad being a girl!

1 comment: