Friday, July 1, 2011

carnival fun? or not!

Riverton City does a good job of celebrating Independence Day. There is a rodeo, .parade, movie in the park, ATV rodeo, free swimming and games, a carnival, entertainment, Bingo, and pretty darn good fireworks. The residents really get into it too. For instance, the parade is tonight but people placed chairs and roped off areas on the parade route as early as Sunday evening. All the good spots were GONE by Monday night!

Last night Kevin and I took Alec, Shanley, and Chandler for a few rides at the carnival (McKayla was at a swim party and Brakston was working). They each enjoyed 6 rides.
Shanley and Chandler getting ready for a ride.
I rode this spinning one and the Fireball (pictured below) with the kids. I usually really enjoy the rides and I liked them this time but the rides did NOT like me! I got really motion sick! I think I was green. I don't know if I'm getting too old, if it was lack of sleep, or if it was because I didn't have any food in my stomach but I was definitely nauseous! Then it didn't help that we climbed in the car and took a 30-minute round trip to JCWs in Lehi to buy the kids huge ice cream cones. by the time we got back, I staggered into the house and collapsed. I felt queasy all night and woke this morning still feeling a bit nauseous. Yuk!

No comments:

Post a Comment