Wednesday, September 29, 2010

parent-teacher conferences

Being a parent of mostly-good, generally-likeable students means parent-teacher conferences are generally not too stressful for me.

Until now.

I am in charge of the teacher dinner tonight. I'll be feeding 60 which should be a piece of cake (I've fed 200 for 3 days before). However, I had this nagging feeling all last night that I was forgetting something. I went over the menu in my mind. Yes, I had purchased everything. I went over the schedule for today. Yes, I had time to get everything done. I went over what I'd need to serve the meal. Yes, I had gathered every utensil/serving spoon I would need.

So, what was the problem?

I realized the problem at 2 am when I awoke remembering that I forgot to deliver the 30 chicken cordon bleus to the lady who is helping me cook them. Oops! One would think that since I couldn't do anything about that at 2 am that I'd be able to go back to sleep. Yep, one would think that....

Anyway, the menu for today:

Chicken Cordon Bleu with Sauce
Rice
Tossed Green Salad with Dressing
Rolls (from Texas Roadhouse)
Apple Pie
Vanilla Ice Cream

Certainly not a dietician's dream meal but, heck, I'd eat it. And enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment