Sunday, September 5, 2010

NOT coincidences

Thursday was the coolest day! I truly could see the Lord's hand in everything! I don't really believe in coincidences too much and certainly not in this many in a row!

Let's start back about 2 weeks ago when Kevin gave the kids and I our "back-to-school" blessings. Mine said "Don't worry about Brakston. He is doing right and is in the Lord's hands." Now, I don't generally worry about Brakston so I thought it was a little weird. Little did I know that in only a short while I would have reason to worry and I would be able to see the Lord's hands in a myriad of things!

The Tuesday after the blessings we got an email from Brakston. He was struggling a bit and not enjoying his new companion. Then, this week we got another email. Things had gotten worse and you could tell Brakston was really having a difficult time. In his email he also asked that we send him some suit pants IMMEDIATELY!

Wednesday was nuts but Kevin was home on Thursday and agreed to go on the school field trip with Chandler's class so I could stay home and get a package off to Brakston (#1). While baking cookies, the secretary at Riverton seminary called and asked if I could sub the next day. I said "probably not" knowing that I was already scheduled to be at the high school from 10:30am to 1 pm plus it had been an insane week and I needed to catch up (important things like shop for a birthday present for Shanley). However, I asked the secretary when they needed the sub and she said it was for the early morning class and the next 2 periods. I would finish at 10:39 am. I wanted to say no but a voice told me to say yes (#2). About 30 minutes later the teacher I was subbing for called and told me he wanted me to show a 16-minute DVD clip. He asked if I wanted to come pick it up so I could preview it. Normally I would say no but, again, a voice told me to say yes (#3). I went to pick it up on my way to JCPenney to get Brak's suit. I walked in to the teacher's office and grabbed the DVD and was leaving when the bell rang. I decided to stick around and say hi to the teacher (#4). He told me he was going to Mesa, AZ for a funeral (#5). I told him that's where Brakston is right now. He said, "I wish I had known. I would have called you last night and had you bring a package for him." I asked when he was leaving because I was going to buy him suit pants right then. The teacher said he had been going to leave at the very moment but during the last class had felt prompted to go have something checked on his car so he probably wasn't leaving for an hour (#6). I hurried to Penney's to buy the suit pants but when they scanned my receipt, I was told they no longer carried that brand. That meant I had to buy Brakston a whole suit and not just pants but I didn't know his jacket size. I called the mission home and the secretary told me she would try to reach him but thought he would most likely be in an appointment. She called him and not only was he NOT in an appointment but he was less that 5 minutes from his apartment so he could run back and check his jacket size (#7). I was able to get a size, buy the suit, buy more things to send along in the package, and get everything to the seminary teacher.

Wow! I could just see the hand of the Lord in every little detail!

In addition, Brother Bowen (the teacher) planned to deliver it personally. I knew this would be a great lift to Brakston! Bro. Bowen had Alec in his class all last year so I asked Bro. Bowen to think of his funniest Alec story to share with Brakston.

I know the Lord was aware of Brakston and his needs and did everything to ensure those needs were met. Brakston truly is in the Lord's hands and I am grateful for that!

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible day you had. I would be tempted to scream after the first few problems. Good thing you listened and followed the spirit and were able to see the Lords hand in your day.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete