Saturday, September 25, 2010

a new regret

I just returned from a funeral that left me feeling like I'd blown it.

The funeral was for a 92-year-old sweet sister who lived in our ward until about 3 1/2 years ago when she moved into an assisted living center. Beth was such a quiet, gracious, loving woman. I really loved her.

She always had a kind word. She was gentle and caring and really served others. Since being in the nursing home, she has never once forgotten our family at Christmas. She always sent a card with a handwritten message.

Do you want to know how many times I managed to make it over to see her? ONCE. Isn't that sad? Why didn't I make time to go see her more? Now it's too late.

I'm not the type to beat myself up over past mistakes. I just hope I learn from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment