Wednesday, September 22, 2010

asked and answered

With Alec's nomination as Homecoming King, it meant I had the stress of finding just the right "someone" for a dance date. I tossed around the idea of asking a darling girl in our ward whom Alec has been telling me is his girlfriend. I finally decided to do it.

McKayla and I made a poster that said:
Tickets (play money attached)
Dinner (play money attached)
New shirt and tie (play money attached)
Homecoming with you ...PRICELESS!

Will you please go to Homecoming with me?


Alec took the poster, a bouquet of flowers, and a Toblerone bar to her door.

Krysta, delightful girl that she is, immediately called to tell me how thrilled she was (told you she's a sweetheart). Here's her answer: (the Laffy Taffy got eaten before I got the picture taken).

Another stress - how to get him to the dance - was solved when Jacob invited Alec to be part of his group. Now, there's a group and drivers and a date and everything. Does Alec go to the VERY BEST high school ever or what?

1 comment: