Monday, June 20, 2011

belated father's day post

Yesterday was the most relaxing Father's Day ever.

Why?

Well, because my father and my hubby were both in Washington, D.C. while I was home in Riverton. In fact, only Alec, Chandler and I were home meaning I didn't even have to cook for anyone.

I let the boys eat cold cereal for breakfast while I feasted on a yogurt. For lunch I made cheese quesadillas and for dinner I popped frozen burritos in the microwave for Alec and fixed myself some Malt-o-Meal hot cereal. Chandler made himself some Ramen. Since the boys both got their favorite food, they were happy. I did so little work that I was happy.

Even Kevin and my dad were happy because my parents' mission hosted a big potluck dinner for Father's Day so they feasted like kings

My dad is awesome. I even won a contest when I was a teen writing an essay about why my dad is the greatest. He has always been supportive of me and has always let me know he is proud of me.

Kevin is the best father for which I could ask for our children. He really spends time with them and makes each one of them feel special. He also makes them laugh (I tend to be more high stress and goal-oriented and serious). The kids and I are lucky to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment