Monday, May 30, 2011

surgery

Just call me "mother of the year". NOT! Shanley has complained for probably a year or more that her knee hurts. However, she is my drama queen and she always has pain somewhere so I've ignored her or told her to suck it up. Then she got a cyst on her knee and I decided it was time to take her in. Yep, she had a torn miniscus and needed surgery. What can I say? I definitely felt guilty. I would've never imagined my child who is the least active and least athletic would have an injury. Apparently, you can be born with too much miniscus and that can cause it to tear.

Last Friday was the surgery. She definitely had WAY TOO MUCH miniscus. The doctor had to remove a LOT and from both sides of her knee which is rare. She was very nauseous coming out of surgery but since she has recovered way better than I expected!

Here's the lovely wrap job:


Today she finally got to unwrap it and take a bath (she still has to Saran Wrap the wounds and steri-strips so they don't get wet). The knee is still very swollen!Don't you just love the "yes" written on her leg to ensure they surgery on the correct leg?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that it all turned out o.k. Britni complains about her knees a lot too. The Dr. just told her that she had loose cartiledge and would have to live with the pain until she grows up. Oh Well. Tell Shanley to get better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete