Sunday, May 29, 2011

ENGAGED!

Brakston and Whitney are engaged!

He proposed yesterday. He tried to take her up to Snowbird (the site of their first date) but it is still covered in snow so they ended up at the Temple Quarry at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon. They hiked a bit and then had a picnic.

Brakston gave her a small box (looked like a ring box) which contained a love letter. After she read it, he pulled out the actual ring box and popped the question.

They are getting married on September 3rd at 10 am in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.

I am excited and happy and nervous for them both! and, I must admit to being just a tiny bit sad for me -- I just got him home after a 2-year absence and now I lose him again. Oh wait, I don't lose a son, I gain a daughter. Right?

2 comments:

  1. Wow,that explains all the smiles today:)
    she will be a wonderful addition to the family.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow congrats!!! you're gonna be an awesome MIL :)

    ReplyDelete