Thursday, March 31, 2011

Resolution Check-Up

It's time for my monthly day of accountability regarding my New Year's Resolutions.

Lose Weight - I guess the positive way to look at it is that I didn't gain weight this month. On the other hand, I didn't lose either. Actually, neither of those statements is completely accurate. I ate out too much during the trip to Las Vegas and a couple of girls' nights/lunches out. I would follow those up with losing so the numbers on the scale went up and down all month. Net result = no progress.

Read Jesus the Christ - Read another 92 pages (now on page 343).

Climb Mt. Timpanogos - It's too cold and snowy to even be thinking about this goal yet.

Run Ragnar - Yea! I have found a team (thanks, Tonya) and I am going to do the Valley of Fire Ragnar in Las Vegas in October. It's a 195-mile 12-person relay race. I am quite excited about it! Registration is tomorrow. I've started running and preparing for it.

Write My Grandma's Life History - No progress.

Do a Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for a Cure - Decided to cancel this one. Every 3-day ends on a Sunday. I just can't bring myself to justify participating on the Sabbath. I've emailed race organizers trying to work things out but to no avail.

Attend 5 Temples that I've Never Been to Before - No progress. I've attended temples - just not any "new" ones.

Overall, I am not making much progress. I need to kick it into gear so I don't have to make this embarrassingly dismal report again next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment