Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ups and downs

Yesterday was a bit of a rollercoaster.

Down - parents left on their mission and I was a bit sad to see them leave

Up - excited that my parents will be in Washington, D.C. and we can have a fun place to visit them

Down - Brakston left for Rexburg again. He just got home last Monday and then I left town on Thursday. I got back Sunday and he left again Monday. I'm still loving having my boy around - we have 2 years absence to make up!

Up - saw a new (second) doctor who told me I don't need surgery after all. In fact, he did a procedure right there in his office that should fix the problem

Down - I was left in a bit of pain from the procedure

Up - McKayla's coach cancelled the Temecula trip so we'll get to stay home

Down - the Temecula cancellation left me (and others) with a non-refundable hotel room. That is $300 lost that I can't really stand to miss out on! I am extremely frustrated about that but still hopeful that the hotel and I can work something out.


Good thing I like roller coasters!

2 comments:

  1. Yea that the new doctor said no surgery. That is great. Sorry about the downs, especially the hotel room. If I were you and they won't work something out, I would still go.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your parents are going to DC now! I would have loved for them to be there while we were still living 4 hours away. Such an Amazing Temple though!!!! And of course DC is so fun to visit.

    ReplyDelete