Friday, August 31, 2012

delighted

Last night I got to meet the "friends" who will be in my SNM (Special Needs Mutual) class.  I am so very EXCITED!!!  They are so wonderful!  I have a class of girls who love to talk and who smile constantly.  They are bubbly and energetic and happy and they make me feel that was as well.  It is going to be such a great year!

Next week we all get to meet the "members" in our class.  SNM designates "members" as those with the disabilities and "friends" as those who are called for 9 months to help them.  We gave each "friend" a picture of her member with basic info such as name and birth month and day but that is just about all we know about them.  None of the "members" in my class were in my class last year so they are all new to me too.  It will be fun getting to know them.

The SNM is such a wonderful program.  It is great for those with disabilities but the real blessings come to those who serve them.  These "friends" lives will be changed.  They will feel the Spirit so strongly.  They will know true love.  They will leave this calling with a greater love and appreciation for those with disabilities.  They will see these "members" with new eyes.  And I get to be a part of it all!

THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME CALLING EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment