Monday, August 27, 2012

blessings

Yesterday Kevin gave the kids and I our annual "back-to-school" blessings.  I really enjoy that day.  It is so interesting the different messages God has for each child.  By listening carefully, I get more of a sense of who my children really are and how God sees them.  I try to record as much of the blessing as possible so I can give each child a typed copy of the gist of the blessing.  I have hopes that this will aid them during the school year. Brakston even came yesterday to get his and while they were here, Brakston gave one to Whitney.  I always get one too.  This year I'm trying not to be alarmed by the fact that my blessing said there is "much for me to do".  Guess it was no use hoping I'd be blessed with a calm, quiet, "kick-back-and-relax" year.

No comments:

Post a Comment