Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was great! 25 people at my home - everyone helped with food. We ate, visited, did a puzzle, and the kids played. Here's the boats I made as place cards. I thought they were pretty cute. Too bad I don't remember where I stole the idea so I can give credit where due. Just know I didn't originate the idea.

I was reading the New Era on Sunday and came across a gratitude challenge and thought I should do it. Then I saw the same gratitude challenge when I was reading The Ensign. I take that to mean I really should do it so here goes:

10 Living People I'm Grateful For:
Jesus Christ
my husband
my mom
my dad
Brakston (and Whitney)
Alec
McKayla
Shanley
Chandler
Pres. Thomas S. Monson
(super hard category to only name 10)

10 Dead People I'm Grateful For:
Joseph Smith
George Washington
Nephi
Abinadi
Abraham Lincoln
Handel
Jane Austen
my grandpa Searle
Benjamin Franklin
Mother Theresa


10 Physical Abilities I'm Grateful For:
sight
touch
able to run long distances
sense of hearing
I'm flexible
my body's ability to heal
sense of smell
able to smile
able to take 10-minute naps and feel refreshed
ability to read

10 Material Possessions I'm Grateful For:
laptop
scriptures
sewing machine
Bosch mixer
car
television
quilted advent calendar and stockings that Vicki and my mom made for me
cell phone
books
scrapbooks
microwave

10 Things in Nature for Which I'm Grateful:
the majestic mountains which surround me (especially the Wasatch Range)
leafy trees in summer that give shade
sweet-smelling flowers
the colors of the trees in autumn
juicy, ripe tomatoes in late summer
fruit trees
sparkly white snow when I can stay indoors
water in which to swim and play
clean, pure water to drink
beautiful, clear-blue skies with a golden sun

10 Things About Today I'm Grateful For:
my to-do list is do-able
I awoke at 3:30 am and already have a dozen things done
I get to help a couple girls with a project for SilverRush
I get to go listen to a mini-concert of Voicemale and Jon Schmidt
my Christmas decorations are up and I can enjoy them
I have the house to myself for a few hours
I have time to think about what I'm grateful for (count my blessings)
my family is all healthy
I get to go for a run soon
I have a positive attitude

10 Places on Earth I am Grateful For:
my home
the temples
our church building
Disneyland
the Wasatch Mountains
Yellowstone National Park
Jerusalem
Cody, WY
Cancun
Hawaii

10 Modern-day Inventions I'm Grateful For:
computers
cell phones
cars
airplanes
microwaves
DVRs
DVD players
iPods/MP3 players
modern medicine
internet

10 Foods I'm Grateful For:
chocolate
peaches
berries
warm rolls
lasagna
burritos
watermelon
peanut butter
tomatoes

10 Things About the Gospel I'm Grateful For:
the Atonement
the Plan of Salvation
that it's the same no matter where you are
it's well-organized
the Primary
the Young Women's program
it's constant and sure (doesn't change with the world)
living it makes me happy
living it is a protection
it gives me direction and purpose

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I think everyone should make grateful lists. It helps realize what is important in life.

    ReplyDelete