Friday, December 9, 2011

candy land

My home is beginning to look like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Yum!

Every year we host an open house for our neighbors.

So far this week I've made:
English Toffee
Fudge
White Chocolate Pretzels
Haystacks
Peanut Butter Balls
Cake Batter Truffles
Mints
Milk Chocolate Balls

Unfortunately, that is only about halfway there. I still need to make:
Peanut Brittle
Caramels
Turtles
Coconut Orange Balls
Oreo Truffles
Divinity
Mint Truffles
Chocolate Truffles
Another Batch of Fudge

We don't even want to think about how much sugar I go through in December but I love having my neighbors and friends over! It is so much fun to visit! Last year about 60 people came and I loved all of them! I always stress about having enough candy and I always have tons of leftovers - luckily, I never have a problem finding people to give it to.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. I will start baking next week. Not as much as you though. Can I get your recipe for the peanut butter balls and the truffles? I've always wanted to make truffles but I haven't found a good recipe yet. thanks bunches. Love you and enjoy the season with your friends and family. :)

    ReplyDelete