Saturday, December 24, 2011

the case of the missing Christmas present

As a youth I devoured mysteries. I loved Boxcar Children, Trixie Belden, Encyclopedia Brown, Nancy Drew, and The Hardy Boys. I read them all!

You'd think I would have picked up a hint or two on how to solve my own mystery but alas...what I really need is my own personal Encyclopedia Brown.

I helped Alec buy a Christmas present for McKayla. I remember that much. I even remember exactly what it was. What I don't remember is where I hid it. It is a small item and I have looked in all my usual hiding spots - dresser drawers, closet, under my bed...Nothing. Zip. Nada. I even went so far as to clean out my closet. Still zilch. Closet looks good though.

I've never experienced a completely lost present before. I'm not liking the sensation. Where is Nancy when I need her?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marvelle,
    Wishing you and your family a very happy Holiday season!
    Enjoy,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all those books, too! We soent a good portion of Christmas Day looking for a card from my brother-in-law that was for my MIL and contained a gift card. We even dumped out all the trash! It was finally discovered in the utensil drawer in the kitchen. Good luck with your search...you might want to check the fridge.

    ReplyDelete