Tuesday, November 1, 2011

sweet 16!

Let the driving and dating begin - McKayla turns 16 today!

I really am not afraid of her dating or driving. She shows a lot of common sense and level-headedness. She is pretty mature and I believe she will make good decisions. At least, thus far she hasn't given me any reason to worry. She got asked to go to Lagoon last Friday by a guy she really likes and without even double checking with me, she turned him down by telling him she wasn't old enough to date yet. It was also Girls' Pref on Saturday so she wasn't old enough by ONLY 3 days but she didn't beg or bug me about it - just knew she wasn't old enough yet.

That's the kind of gal she is.

And as far as driving is concerned, the sooner I have help the BETTER!

McKayla has a bit of a stubborn streak (which is great when it's focused on good things). She is reliable and a good student. She is organized and doesn't forget things but does keep the messiest room imaginable! Yikes! (can we say slob?) She is athletically gifted, modest, and has a fun and playful personality. She likes to give people a hard time (I'm sure she doesn't get that from me - heehee!) yet she is generally nice to everyone. She has a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and is a good example of living according to her beliefs.

She has brought so much joy to my life! I love her and am so proud of her and her accomplishments!

Happy Birthday, McKayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment