Sunday, December 9, 2012

Resolution check-up :

Home Improvement
1) Build shutters for the windows in the front of my house - Done!
2) Paint the shutters, outside trim, and outside doors - Outside trim - done. Outside doors - done. Shutters - done. Done!
3) Plant lavender in front of the house - Done!
4) Do window treatments for family room, dining room, kitchen, Shanley's room, and the master bedroom - I bought the material for the dining room (and have the pattern) but currently I have ornaments hanging in my window so the curtains won't go up until the new year.
5) Paint/stain the back deck - Finished!
6) Paint the master bathroom - The paint is picked out but again, no money to purchase it.

Family
1) Plan a special date with Kevin once a month - did
2) Spend one-on-one time with each child every month (away from the home) - Did it!!

Social
1) Have 2 game parties for adults this year - done
 2) Host 2 special FHEs with other families this year - done

Physical
1) Lose 20 pounds - I've now given up for the year and will start again after Christmas. The holidays are killer for me.
2) Climb Mount Timpanogos - DID IT!
3) Run a marathon and a half marathon - done

Mental
 1) Make sure 1/3 of what I read is uplifting (spiritual, classical, best-book type stuff) - have done this 2) Write a book - Wrote more this month but not sure how many words.

Spiritual
1) Spend 1 day a month in the temple - Did it!
2) Go to 3 new temples - no new progress (still 2 of the 3). I tried. I planned to go to the brand new Calgary Temple but while in Canada I lost a contact and decided I needed to drive as little as possible. I am blind without contacts so I decided that going straight to the airport was safer than trying to navigate with one eye.
 3) Read the New Era and the Ensign every month - did this.
4) At the end of every day, record the hand of God in my life for that day - Did

Overall - mostly accomplished

No comments:

Post a Comment