I am a bit behind on posting the check-up this month. Home Improvement
1) Build shutters for the windows in the front of my house - Almost done. The wood is cut and almost completely painted.
2) Paint the shutters, outside trim, and outside doors - Outside trim - done. Outside doors - done. Shutters - almost done.
3) Plant lavender in front of the house - Done.
Do window treatments for family room, dining room, kitchen, Shanley's
room, and the master bedroom - No progress.
5) Paint/stain the back deck - Finished!
6) Paint the master bathroom - The paint is picked out but again, no money to purchase it.
1) Plan a special date with Kevin once a month - did!
2) Spend one-on-one time with each child every month (away from the home) - I missed Chandler in August.
1) Have 2 game parties for adults this year - one so far this year
2) Host 2 special FHEs with other families this year - one so far this year
1) Lose 20 pounds - Horrid. Horrid. Horrid. I gained in August.
2) Climb Mount Timpanogos - need to do immediately
3) Run a marathon and a half marathon - done
1) Make sure 1/3 of what I read is uplifting (spiritual, classical, best-book type stuff) - have done this
2) Write a book - Again, I have done some research this month but haven't written anything.
1) Spend 1 day a month in the temple - Did it!
2) Go to 3 new temples - no new progress (still 2 of the 3)
3) Read the New Era and the Ensign every month - did not do.
4) At the end of every day, record the hand of God in my life for that day - Did
- I was happy to get the outside paint mostly done. Overall, August was crazy busy. I spent one week at girl's camp, one week at BYU Education Week, and another 4 days doing meals for the teachers. That about wiped out most of the month.
6 days ago