Monday, August 22, 2011

Rivalry Relay

The Rivalry Relay is this Saturday! I am really excited and a tiny bit nervous. The race goes from the University of Utah to BYU (slightly over 60 miles) and there are 6 runners each running 3 legs. I have great, accomodating teammates who are allowing me to run legs 1, 3, and 4 so that I can get to the temple (Whitney is receiving her temple endowments). My total mileage is 10.9 miles.

I feel like I am ready. I've run up to 10.6 miles recently. My weekly mileage has been good. I've cross-trained with Jazzercise. I ran 5 miles this morning and half of that was 8% grade hills. (Do you like the pep talk I'm giving myself here?)

I can do this!

Now, if I just focus on getting enough sleep this week, things should go well and it will all be FUN!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Marvelle!! I know you can do it!! You are an inspiration!! I'll be cheering for you in Washington!! I'm sure you'll be able to hear it!! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete