Saturday, August 6, 2011

creeping along

Do you suppose it would bother a turtle to have a human speed past it?

Nah. Probably not. When I am out running it doesn't bother me to be passed by a car or an airplane. That's a natural event. It is supposed to happen. Cars and planes were built to be faster than man. No, I save my feelings of inferiority and ineptness for times like this morning when I am passed by two men who whiz by fast enough it makes it seem as though I am standing still.

I try to console myself by saying things such as "They are probably only running 2-3 miles and I am running 8." But, truthfully, I know that's most likely not the case. Let's face it, when I hit the halfway mark on the marathon I knew some runners were actually finishing! Heck, my own daughter can run 2 miles in the same time I run 1. No, that's not true. She can run it FASTER than I can run the one.

I am built for endurance NOT speed.

I am a turtle!

No comments:

Post a Comment