Saturday, August 20, 2011

new calling

Almost 2 weeks ago I received a new church calling - to serve as a Young Women advisor in the Special Needs Mutual. This is a regional calling and involves every Thursday night and one Sunday a month. I will be working with women ages 14-80 who have a disability of some sort or another. I am actually quite excited about this calling even though it means I will have to be released as the counselor in our ward Young Women Presidency.

The region covers 6 stakes. I am one of 10 advisors. We divide the YW in 5 "classes" and every 2 leaders have a class of 8-9 girls plus "friends". The "friends" are non-disabled peers who also help with the lessons and activities.

I am excited, nervous, apprehensive, leery, and excited.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new calling!!! That is the perfect calling for you!!

    ReplyDelete