Thursday, March 20, 2014

St. Paddy's

I try to make a big deal of holidays! I want my children to remember them and enjoy them! I usually make green-dyed shamrock-shaped pancakes for breakfast. This year I decided to change it up. We like rice with milk and cinnamon and sugar for breakfast. I cooked the rice in green water and the rice came out a great shade of green! The kids laughed! I also made them special green lunches - celery, green grapes, green applesauce, green apples, green mint M&Ms, key lime yogurt, and a couple gold coins. After dinner I took them to McDonald's for a shamrock shake.

1 comment:

  1. I married into a family with true Irish roots and I totally forgot about St. Patrick's Day. No green clothes, no green food, nothing. And can't even use work as an excuse because we were off for Spring Break! My poor, deprived kids...

    ReplyDelete