Friday, January 25, 2013

Paris - Day 2 (part 2)

Who could go to Paris without visiting the Louvre? I had no idea it was so immense!


This pyramid is actually the center of the underground system that links all of these buildings together.
I liked the statues!

I also liked the Royal Apartments (guess I am not much into paintings)

I did have to take a picture of the Mona Lisa. While I have never cared for the painting, it is THE MONA LISA. There was something magical in seeing such a famous painting in peson although the girls didn't agree. They just think it's an ugly picture.
The Arc de Triomphe was incredible. It is an arc from all 4 sides and is so intricately carved. Once more the weather restrained us from being able to go to the top. The Arc is in the center of a round-about and I can't imagine trying to drive there. The traffic was crazy - about 6 lanes (sort of - there is no lines) of cars merging and veering and cutting off other traffic. It was total chaos to me and I'm glad that both times we navigated it the girls and I were on a bus letting the bus driver have the stress.

This is Paris' Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. My girls' comment was that they were far more impressed with the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Washington, D.C.

Picture from inside the Arc de Triomphe.

No comments:

Post a Comment