Saturday, October 13, 2012

instant religion

I was reading an article in the newspaper this morning about how ministers/pastors/evangelical leaders are cutting services shorter to encourage people to attend church services. One leader holds church services for 30 minutes. Nothing says I love God like "let's-get-this-religion-thing-over-and-done-with-so-we-can-get-on-with-our-lives". I guess I shouldn't be surprised. In this world of extreme busyness, instant gratification, high-speed internet, etc I guess that high-speed church fits right in. I do wonder what's next...drive thru baptisms? phone-in confessions? maybe we could just tweet a mini-sermon and count that as our religious services? Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to poke fun at any particular religious group - just our hurry-up culture as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment