Saturday, August 1, 2015

Maui - day one

As usual, since we fly standby, the trip to Maui was not simple. Kevin and the kids were able to take a Delta flight to San Francisco and then a United flight from there to Maui. I have given up my United flight benefits so my parents could have them so I couldn't fly United. Their flights were both delayed. I ended up buying a ZED fare on US Airways so I flew Delta from SLC to Phoenix and then US Airways to Maui. I ended up arriving 2 hours prior to the rest of the family so I had time to get the rental car and go food shopping at Costco. We got to the condo and liked it. It had everything we needed - plenty of towels, boogie boards, snorkel equipment, beach chairs, beach umbrella, cooler, etc. It was almost sundown so we rushed to the beach to watch the sunset. It was beautiful!!!
We spent an hour or so walking the beach and playing in the water. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment