Tuesday, May 7, 2013

everything's coming up roses

No, not in my garden - I have a certified black thumb.  I have the power to kill anything green.  I think it is my "superpower".

However, good things keep coming for McKayla.  She ran in the BYU Invitational last weekend and took 9th overall  in the 3200 with a time of 11:07 (which almost equals her best time at sea level so I'm sure her low altitude time would be below 11 minutes).  She took 11th overall in the 1600 with a personal best time of 5:09.  Impressive!

Even better news for her - she was called to serve on the seminary council for the 2013-2014 school year.  This is quite an honor!  Approximately one student per stake is selected.  They are chosen by the seminary teachers and then approved by the stake president.  The call is issued by the stake presidency.  Pres. Lloyd called her on Sunday and she was set apart shortly after by him.  We all got to attend.  It was a long setting apart with lots of amazing blessings and promises.  I am very excited for her to have this experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment