Monday, August 11, 2014

A good day at the library

Truthfully, any day at the library is a good day but last week was an especially good day!

Our library does a summer reading program.  This year is the 75th anniversary of the county library system so they were rewarding those who participated with either (1) a new book or (2) $7.50 off their fines.

I had just gone over $10.00 in fines (which meant I couldn't check anything else out) so I definitely chose the $7.50 reduction in my fines!  On top of that, they gave me a free pass to the Museum of Natural History.

Those alone were cause for celebration but that wasn't all.  The library also does "Reader's Choice" twice a year.  Every time you read 5 books off the Readers Choice list, you get to pick a free book.  I had just finished my fifth so I also got to choose a new book.

$7.50, a museum ticket, and a new book - not a bad haul!!!

Oh yeah, let's not forget that I came home with 5 other books to read.  Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment